Cross Cultural Training: Living and working in Spain
Success in a new culture requires an understanding of values and attitudes as well as a working knowledge of social and business protocol and etiquette. Our cultural background has a strong impact on our behavior and communication. Cross-cultural competence is a powerful tool to improve communication and business. BBi Communication offers Cross-Cultural Training in order to prepare expatriates for the different challenges that moving abroad can cause, and to give tools to understand and handle the Spanish business culture. This workshop will provide you with the keys for you to adapt successfully to the Spanish social and professional culture and it will reduce unnecessary cultural shocks.
- What is Intercultural Competence?
- Cultural portrait; local customs and values (history, society, religion, politics, education etc) and its impact on the Spanish culture.
- Moving abroad, expectations, Culture shock in the expatriation process.
- Analysis of your own cultural profile and the possible gaps with the Spanish culture. How am I perceived by my local colleagues.
- Cultural parameters: hierarchy and decision making, meetings and time management, feedback and communication style, how to build trust with your Spanish colleagues
- Practical information: getting by- information for daily living, schooling, healthcare, leisure and social etiquette
Who is the workshop for?
Employees moving into Spain.
How it works:
The training is presented virtually. The event will be held in English but can also be tailored individually to your language needs. All participants receive a course certificate.
We hope you can join us, welcome!